cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy S20 battery drains quickly

Hello @userGcZkhdtwIy

I understand how frustrating it must be to have that battery draining issue on your new device. Based on what you described it sounds like a software issue. In this case, you would have to try couple of things on your side that could help

1- Look for new update and restart your device in safe mode(restart the  device and hold voldown button until it boots up) and use it for half of day to see if the issue is coming from any additional application that you have installed. You can always restart you device to come back to the normal mode.

2-  Last case scenario, If possible please get in touch with your local UbreakiFix or contact 1-800-Samsung to mail the device in for an assistance.

Please use the link below to find a Samsung store.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Highlighted
Constellation

I had no problem till the last update. Now its draining 3-4hrs earlier that before. Is there a fix for this, it's very frustrating 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Mine seem to have gotten worst after the last update!! 🤬🤬

Constellation

Same for me, just got the phone for 3 days an get many reboots,

Also battery is terrible, 

I contact Samsung helpdesk and they said to me reset phone to factory and don't do the updates and see what happens.. 

Problems where still there so I send my phone to Samsung for repair.

Hope they will find and fix the issues, I read also that the suddenly reboot will be fixed in next update, but battery drainage I don't know if they solved it already

Highlighted
Product Expert

Go into settings and go to device maitincence option and then check to see your usuage this may very well be do to high usuage 

Highlighted
Constellation

I also bought the S20 and had the same issue. 1 day I would have anywhere from 5% to 15% by days' end. 

Even after updating 2 patches it still didn't improve.

I read this article and noticed a dramatic improvement. Things I did were to switch off double tap to wake up, remove the edge menu as I don't use it, lift to wake, palm swipe screen shot, and smart alert.

Due to the covid19 lockdowns I don't travel through 5G enabled areas so I also switched off that option under networks. I wish I could switch off 2G as Australia doesn't have 2G anymore.

This seems to have worked and now I'm onto 2nd day starting at worg40%. It is  9:30am and I am still on 20%. Much better

A lot of this stuff I didn't have in my galaxy s7 so I was surprised that a 25% bigger battery was not giving me 25% more battery life till I switched these off. Of course I out to sleep almost all apps I don't want running in the background. Hope this helps

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-fix-bad-galaxy-s20-battery-life-problems/amp/

Edit: I also switched off story making in the gallery. That chews up power.

I also ran the display in the lowest resolution for those who really want to stretch out the battery life

Highlighted
Constellation

Me also coming from a s9+ and that phone was my first samsung and it was a terrible time to get that phone setup the right way
I did a factory reset like 20 times just because no matter what I did the battery kept dropping 1% each 20 minutes with me just staring at the always on display
I watched every youtube video and read every forum or website to get it right and eventually I did Battery dropped maybe 1% overnight  Sooo I thought when I bought my s20+ I was ready for the battery draining challenge , But noo got the s20+ for like 4 days but no matter what I do the phone drops 14% overnight in airplane mode, every app in sleep mode (except messenger whatssap and snapchat else I dont get notification), also started using ultra deep sleeping aplications, every motion gesture is turned off, deleted every not important app , all the notifications are turned off except messenger whatssap and snapchat, 
Like what am I doing wrong? The software from the s9+ is the same and I used that phone 2 years , s9+ has taken over my brain and still I get the same problems all over again with my s20+
Even writing this comment took 5% and I know these screens use a lot battery but it is on FHD and 60HZ , so just standard
I really love samsung but if it will take 20 factory resets and months and months to find out why my battery drops every time I buy a new samsung then its over for me 
The bosses from samsung and the people that work to make these phones they will use a samsung right? They are not going to use a Huawei or LG or Iphone ?? They use there own brand so why dont they see these problems.. Why do we need to talk and talk on forums and other people reading these forums to find out whats the problem. If you look at youtube videos they just tell you to shut every down that samsung put into these phones .. like I said I know the software from samsung better then my pocket but it is terrible to set it up!! Really getting angry because they make good phones but also screw it up so bad. We all buy a phone to use it and not to put hours and days to set it up rigt.

Highlighted
Constellation

my battery drains 14 overnight !

airplane mode

locations off

every option in motion gestures is off 

every app in deep sleep (except whatsapp and messenger outlook) but also had it like this on my s9+

all notifications turned off 

something in the software is draining 1 procent each 15-20 minutes

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I received the Galaxy S20 Ultra and had excessive battery drainage right out of the box. I finally received a pop-up that my battery was draining faster than it was charging whenever I plugged in my charger, and it would become very warm. I only had the phone 4 days. I contacted Samsung and Sprint and was told to return the phone. I received a new phone the next day from Sprint and the battery lasts as expected. I compared the drainage time to my Note 10+ and it doesn't disappoint.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hiya, i recently bought an s20+ and the battery life is horrible. even on 60 HZ i can only get upto 3.5 hours of battery life. i have put atleast 90% of apps in deep sleep and i dont know why the battery is this bad considering that my S10 5G which has the same battery and same screen size lasts a whole lot longer.