cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S20 battery drains quickly

I've had my s20 for about four days now and the battery is draining a lot faster than my s9+ was. I already have power saving mode on. I leave my phone on the table come call 20 minutes later and its down 3%. I only use the phone for texts, whatsapp and some internet browsing. Barely use for phone calls. Considering I already have power saving mode I don't understand why my battery drains so quickly. 

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S20 battery drains quickly

I hope not cause if that's the case I'll never want to preorder another phone lol

Highlighted
Asteroid

Over time the phone learns your routine and will start saving battery on how you use your phone. But it can also be a bad battery. Hope you figure this out

Highlighted
Asteroid

I hope thats true but still crazy how fast it goes from 100% to 80% from barely any usage 😭

Highlighted
Constellation

Haven't had a problem at all regarding battery draining and I've had my phone for 4 days now...my note 9 battery would be half way by 12 in the afternoon

Highlighted
Asteroid

Lucky you! I am baffled that it drained so fast especially with my power saving mode on. My s9+ lasted way longer before I needed to charge. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the opposite experience.  Had the S20+ for two weeks, battery life was subpar, couldn't get through an entire day without charging. Went back to my Note 9, and battery is much better.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Picked a S20+ becouse due to COVID no uphone were available in my country im sooo regretful of choosing this and not waiting. Battery dtains awfully fast it is ridiculous.  I know it charges in 1 hour but con i hate been carrying a charger around looking for plug ins. Iphone 11 lasted the whole day with no charging required 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue. I have been using the app only inside the house with few apps like What's App and Facebook. Battery hardly could survive 4hr 30 min. Smiley Sad and if I use the 60hz display it lasts for max 5 hrs. That also till you drain the last drop. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have totally regretted getting the s20.
I will be sending in for testing but think going back to iphone has become no other option.

How has Samsung produced something that just isn't hitting the mark??