JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 keeps dropping wifi connection

(Topic created: 11-19-2020 07:32 AM)
userEQzNB1YQbe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased a Galaxy S20 (not plus, not ultra) unlocked about a month ago. For the past several days, I have been experiencing issues with the wifi connection cutting out after several minutes, and I have to turn wifi off and back on again. I have tried restarting the phone and internet (which is Google fiber w/ Google wifi) and I have reset the network settings on the phone. I also changed the mac address from randomized to phone after seeing that as a solution elsewhere, but it is still doing the same thing. I had no issues with my S8, and I was so far happy with this phone. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

include router/modem info for more accurate result.

they helped me a lot with few issues i had

View solution in context

0 Likes
34 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
wifi can't penetrate through walls as well and or the wifi might be weak
0 Likes
userEQzNB1YQbe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

@EnriqueAlvarado79 wrote:
wifi can't penetrate through walls as well and or the wifi might be weak

Unfortunately, I doubt that is the issue because we have had Google wifi longer than I have had this phone. All other devices are working fine on our wifi.

Options
Galaxy S20
Hmm I haven't had this issue with the same same model do all other devices work normally like tvs and other a smart device
0 Likes
userEQzNB1YQbe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, our Roku, Computers, and other Smartphones and Smart TVs are working fine. 

Options
Galaxy S20
Do you live near any of the close Samsung Experience stores or done a reset on the phone
0 Likes
userEQzNB1YQbe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I do not live near any samsung experience store, and I have not done a factory reset yet.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Strange any drops to the phone?
0 Likes
userEQzNB1YQbe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I have dropped it a couple times, but nothing too severe. My S8 didn't have any issues after all of these years of being dropped, until it cracked about a month ago.

Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes