cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S20 keeps dropping wifi connection

I purchased a Galaxy S20 (not plus, not ultra) unlocked about a month ago. For the past several days, I have been experiencing issues with the wifi connection cutting out after several minutes, and I have to turn wifi off and back on again. I have tried restarting the phone and internet (which is Google fiber w/ Google wifi) and I have reset the network settings on the phone. I also changed the mac address from randomized to phone after seeing that as a solution elsewhere, but it is still doing the same thing. I had no issues with my S8, and I was so far happy with this phone. 

32 REPLIES 32

Re: Galaxy S20 keeps dropping wifi connection

wifi can't penetrate through walls as well and or the wifi might be weak
Cosmic Ray

@EnriqueAlvarado79 wrote:
wifi can't penetrate through walls as well and or the wifi might be weak

Unfortunately, I doubt that is the issue because we have had Google wifi longer than I have had this phone. All other devices are working fine on our wifi.

Hmm I haven't had this issue with the same same model do all other devices work normally like tvs and other a smart device
Cosmic Ray

Yes, our Roku, Computers, and other Smartphones and Smart TVs are working fine. 

Do you live near any of the close Samsung Experience stores or done a reset on the phone
Cosmic Ray

I do not live near any samsung experience store, and I have not done a factory reset yet.

Strange any drops to the phone?
Cosmic Ray

I have dropped it a couple times, but nothing too severe. My S8 didn't have any issues after all of these years of being dropped, until it cracked about a month ago.