After your last One UI 5.1 version G781U1UESDGW12 done on September 16 I am getting poor battery life. It went from 2d 2h to 1d 8h! I did clear the cache and also did a factory reset.
Today I went to Best Buy and they run a test on my Galaxy s20fe and the status is good, the ASOC is 99%, the charging cycle count is 319, the battery capacity is 4370 / 4500 mAh.
I was told my battery is in good shape and does need a replacement and most likely there is a bug on the last update since a lot of people is complaining about the same issue. I wanted to know if you are aware of this issue and when are you planning to fix this bug and solve it?
I been a loyal Samsung customer for over 15 years and I was planning to get the S23 but don't want to have the same issues.
Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern of the battery draining quickly.
Troubleshooting steps recommend for battery drainage includes the following:
1. Battery life can be affected by various factors, such as device settings, environment, and usage patterns. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-battery/optimization/
2. Clear the cache partition and repair apps in the recovery menu.
To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.
3. Back up and factory reset the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If the phone is still draining the battery service is recommended.
We are unable to speculate on future updates.
You can submit an error report in the Members app to provide feedback to the developers. Developers may be able to use the data submitted to work with the service providers to provide an update that may help. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/
Or send the phone to the Samsung service center to have it evaluated. To have the phone evaluated by Samsung, you would need to contact customer support to set up a service ticket. They may be reached by calling 1-800-726-7864.