Original topic:

Galaxy s20 FE 5g no update for entire year

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 09:29 AM)
user2F0a5dilc9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So i have this phone

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781U) - Software Update for the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781U) - ...

But i haven't got a update in more then a year, but on the att page it says that there's been updates for multiple update.  

Currently i'm stuck on android 10.  But on the ATT page it says there currently on android 11

I've tride the samsung switch method but it say's that it is up to date.phoneInfo.PNGScreenshot_20210918-121202_Settings.jpg

3 Replies
cchat9000
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you modify your firmware or buy the phone used? If so could be the problem and if your savvy you could use odin to flash it back. If not you may need to look for a Samsung care center near you. They can usually do a flash. It may cost you 80-100 from what I have experienced. Usually stores are ubreakifix but could. Be battery and bulbs plus now
0 Likes
user2F0a5dilc9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So i tried the Odin way but the bootloader looks different then any other bootloader on samsung phones.  Normally it's like this teal color bootloader with a big download icon.  But mine was this weird black menu that didn't seems to much.  I tried to start, but it just brings me back to the recovery menu20210919_104711.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
user2F0a5dilc9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

For some reason the booatloader is different.  

This worked for me 

First, you have to get into developer mode. Setting->about phone-> software information Then, continue press build numbers 5 time.

Reboot your phone and press volume up and down. Get in to download mode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Galaxy_S20/comments/ideqly/fastboot_i_dont_know_when_this_started_happening...