JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s20 Ultra No Data during Phone calls

(Topic created: 03-12-2020 06:08 PM)
userku4qLSvtSV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I can't use my internet during phone calls.. My Note 4 had the ability to be online during phone calls.. This is so important I will have to return the S20 Ultra for a full refund if it cannot be fixed..

16 Replies
userku4qLSvtSV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Verizon ...

0 Likes
Steiner
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Did you try calling Verizon about this issue?

0 Likes
userku4qLSvtSV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I didn't buy the phone from Verizon.. I bought the phone from Samsung direct.. Model SM-G988U1

0 Likes
userTL7HTRQqXa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

It mostly depends up on your carrier, i use AT&T, i don't have any issues, but my friend have sprint service same issue he experience ...I would recommend to talk to your service carrier

0 Likes
Steiner
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Try messaging samsung by clicking the blue plus sign then click on message us

0 Likes
Yoshiofsamsung6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

It may be the wi-fi chip or the app or the internet itself contact Samsung and your ISP

0 Likes
Solution
userku4qLSvtSV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Big shout out to you all.. And to Steve @ Samsung support in South Carolina.. I found the solution..

So this version is the UNLOCKED S20 Ultra.. Model: SM-G988U1 .. On verizon service..

So it was (as Steiner & others had said) the VoLTE, but the unlocked version does not have the button or tab in the settings.. So thanks to Steve! You have to call Verizon and ask them to activate the "HD VOICE" service on your line.. Now even if you had had this done (as I did) on your previous phone, you have to have them do it again! Then restart the phone, Then go into Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks and you will see the (new) VoLTE calls button.. Make sure its in the "On" position..

Thanks to you all..  and Steve!!

Note: It took me 3 calls to Samsung tech support to get to an American!! First two were Indian call centers and they were usless!!

View solution in context

0 Likes