cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s20+ connection issues with mmWave on AT&T

Anyone else unable to connect to mmWave with their new s20+ or ultra? ATT says its a samsung thing. Samsung tech told me my antenna could be turned off but there is currently not an option to turn it back on. Says it should be fixed in a patch in less than a week. I just want to eliminate the chance of my phone having faulty hardware by seeing if others are experiancing the same thing. 

Everything else works as it should. ATT tech confirmed the tower is sending out a mmWave signal. My plan allows me access to the mmWave signal. I know early adopters are going to have some growing pains, I want to make sure my hardware is fine and it will be addressed with a software update. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy s20+ connection issues with mmWave on AT&T

mmwave is hard to connect to. You basically need to be outside with direct line of sight and close to the tower for it to work. 

Constellation

Re: Galaxy s20+ connection issues with mmWave on AT&T

Yea thats what I've been told, I have a tower 800 ft from my living room so I've walked over it like 15 times now and I've never connected to it. ATT Tech said they can't find a reason for me to not have a connection because I've eliminated all of the hurdles.