Original topic:

Galaxy s20 ultra US unlocked Security update

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 3:14 PM)
Options
Galaxy S20
Is there anyone who has not yet received their January security update for the Galaxy s20 ultra unlocked, US? December 22nd I received the One UI 3.0 updated but not January's security update. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Verizon (not unlocked) S20+ and my Securirty Update just came out yesterday and I loaded it... it takes 5 - 10 minutes to complete.  I'm assuming it's all "securtiy stuff"... It's hard to imaginge that security patches come out "every month";  as far as I can remember, it wasn't that way in the past. 

Options
Galaxy S20
This is my 5th Galaxy phone and over the past two years, Samsung has really improved with the timeliness of their monthly updates. I have read that the security update was released in early January for unlocked phones. I just haven't received it yet, which is the reason for this post. Maybe there more people out there with the same issue.
0 Likes
userUIy6LAyCWG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I also have the unlocked variant and have not yet received the update. Running on TMobile. I've checked for the update several times. No biggy for me though. As you said, they really have improved the timeliness. Still hoping for the update to come that fixes the autofocus lol so I check for updates regularly.
0 Likes
Patriot1776JG
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
try downloading smart switch to your pc, then open smart switch plug in phone, then in settings check for updates
Jeffc73OC
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
that never works. if the updates aren't being pushed out, then smart switch doesn't have it either. they would only have updates that have been released but not installed on your device yet. (like you postponed it)
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm still on Dec 1 on my LOCKED phone.
Options
Galaxy S20
I've got the s20 ultra unlocked on tmobile and it's feb I'm still on the December update there's no jan update for me
userUIy6LAyCWG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Same, still no update here.
0 Likes