cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s20 ultra camera is horrible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This samsung ultra camera is horrible with just 5 to 10X zoom you will lose the picture quality dramatically. Definitely I will sell this phone in coming days. The camera is even worse in dark even without any zoom. After being loyal to Samsung for several years this is definitely my last Samsung mobile. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy s20 ultra camera is horrible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi -

Our apologies for this inconvenience, we know how essential the camera is to you as a customer. Your device should have  received a software update to correct some of the stated issues with your camera.

Go into srettings and scroll to the bottom and check on software information to see if you are running the latest update or dont have one pending and waiting to be downloaded.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi -

Our apologies for this inconvenience, we know how essential the camera is to you as a customer. Your device should have  received a software update to correct some of the stated issues with your camera.

Go into srettings and scroll to the bottom and check on software information to see if you are running the latest update or dont have one pending and waiting to be downloaded.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was so aggressive in my post because my expectations with Samsung is so high. Tge latest updates fixes many camera issues and it us very acceptable now. However, Camera at 3X zoom still has issue and I hope to be fixed at earliest.

Many thanks & ragrds to Samsung team

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra Camera Quality

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure if I'm just crazy but my picture quality is not very good. I just got it today, and I haven't played around with the settings, but I thought I was going to have some decent out of the box picture quality.

The rear camera makes people look very yellow. When I take a video it's not so bad, but photos put yellow stains on skin. Like they have cheese sauce on their face. The front camera is OK, but when I zoom in, it's really bad. I thought it would be crisp, but it kind of looks like the quality of a dash cam.

Am I doing something wrong?Everything else is the right colour except her face.Everything else is the right colour except her face.

Front cam. Not very crisp, no?Front cam. Not very crisp, no?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra Camera Quality

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have galaxy z flip. Same for the front camera here too. It doesn't even let me touch-focus when using the front camera. Does your phone do that? Pointing focus by touching the screen? Mine does not and I'm wondering if it's a defect

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is kinda blurry sometimes. I seen somewhere that its a software issue and they are going to do an update to fix this but I'm not sure. Alot of the S20 phones are having camera focusing problems.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not just you, the camera software s u c k s. Oversharpening, unable to properly handle pixel binding(108MP shots)... Not the quality I expected as advertised from a $1500 smart phone with camera/software harmonization that should be flawless. I'll be returning mine. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: after a few days, I'm liking it. In well-lit areas the photos are awesome. If there's an update, I'm sure it'll get even better. I'll keep it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S20 Ultra is terrible because I originally got it for the camera and it doesn't seem to work any better than a budget phone. Am I just using wrong settings?  1500 is not a good price for me.  That's 500 extra for the, so far, useless camera. 

Does anyone know if returns give full reimbursement? 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @slazer 

There are lots of options to change the tone of the photos that you're taking. You can change them to be either cooler or warmer by default, that can help with the skin tone issues. Also, have you tried using pro mode? It's the best way to shoot photos with the Ultra, there are tutorials from Samsung on how to use it, or even on YouTube, there are lots of people who explain the pro mode options and how to use them.

Now the front facing camera, to use the 40mp, you have to switch to that option, it's not on by default, I think by default it's only 12mp... So in the camera app, when you're in selfie mode, up top it'll say [3:4] you click on that and it'll give you the option for the 40mp mode on the left.

Enjoy taking pics!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!