JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s20 ultra ghost touches

(Topic created: 09-06-2020 07:08 PM)
userF40gy54kHo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi i have this problem from the jump maybe not when i just unboxed the phone but like a week later and its so annoying sometimes it goes deep like opening an app, pressing things within the app but sometimes its just little annoying taps when im typing ive searched around the internet but dont find anything except a thread on reddit about people have the same problem the latest update didnt do anything so should i return the phone of what should i do? 

11 Replies
user8OW5j8ipeo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

Were are your touches? Mine are in the upper left corner and my S20 ultra is not usable at that time. Unfortunately I contacted Samsung several times and send my device to their trusted repair partner 2 times. Sadly enough they send it back every time with no problem found nor resolved. At this time I'm passed my return policy so I can't get a refund.

Everything that I tried without any help are:

Soft reset

Hard reset 

Factory reset

Software update

Safe mode

If I had the chance I would have returned the phone asap and buy another somewhere else because I still like the features of the S20 ultra. But as this issue is difficult to track and fix, 2 months in with customer service and my patience has turned into frustration sadly.

Kr

userF40gy54kHo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

hi 

Yes man same here left upper corner sometimes it opens apps and pulls the notification bar down. Wow ok i was trying to maybe return it but because you are saying you cant i probaly wont be able to do the same here in belgium talk with samsung support on facebook they told me try the safe mode told the lady its not everyday i have those problem sometimes its like 4 times in 3 hours. So the safe mode didnt do anything for me no ghost touching she told me its probaly a thirt party app doing this.... dont know what to do paying up to 1400euro for a phone with dumb problems they should atleast know about this problem and try to fix it with an update or give us a new s20 ultra but that wont be happening anytime soon.

Ok so now i also know all those things you tried wont work thanks!

And i think selling the phone will be a loss.

So what am going to do is just wait and hope untill they find a solution and i hope its soon!

Thanks for the reply!

userrA6kc6wteP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yup, I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. Even turned off all motion and gesture features and fingerprint features plus removed the shipped screen protector. Still touches the screen at random, sometimes going multiple levels deep into apps. The only temporary fix is to lock the phone and then unlock it and even then it is back almost right away sometimes. There is 100% something wrong with this phone either hardware or software. I am going to be opening a case up but I will not be sending it in given this post. Samsung needs to own up here and fix this issue. This is way to expensive of a phone to be experiencing this. I have had multiple generations of Samsungs and have never had this issue before.

userF40gy54kHo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

SAME HERE!

multiple Samsung phones in the past from the s4 to the s20 ultra never had this problem except now indeed you're right to expensive of a phone to have these problems 

Maybe the problem did go away I received a software update 2 hours ago...

Now the waiting game begins 

Hope they fixed this problem!

usertBvaIIlAnJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem in AU!

I don't even need to be holding mine. Battery life is worse than my s10.

So expensive. So many dissapointments. Reminds me of the original Galaxy S I had. 

0 Likes
Stoney08
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
yes ! well mine won't open apps but it seems like it just taps taps once and that's it and every once in a while. it started after this last update. I have the s20 + i cant find anything on this issue either.
user8EghhIlkhM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
So weird, I am a long time samsung user, several models, and have never had this before. these "ghost touches" have made calls, and given pre-determined answer choices responses to ads. I thought I was crazy when I got a message from a Facebook seller!! Samsung better get their program in order. I hate iPhone but could be one in my future!!
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

If the Accidental Touch Protection is not helpful, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083344/, try verifying the case or screen protector are not causing the screen touches. If the issue persists, it would be recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userqrRp0tEjFQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I've had my Ultra 4 weeks. I traded in a like new S10+ to Samsung that I'd kill to have back. Ghost touch is still an issue. Google Assistant is activating in my sleep. I look over and my phones unlocked on it's own again. So many strange issues with this phone on top of the fear the glass on the camera will randomly shatter without a fall or bump. I've had Galaxy phones for years. This was a mistake.