cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s20 ultra unlocked camera issues

Ok so I have waited and waited the camera is still horrible!! Doesn't focus for a device that is supposed to be a flagship this is junk! Over $1500 for something that doesn't even do what they claimed! The software fix isn't working!! This is supposed to be a unlocked phone yet you cant get into any sub menus for testing! Called Samsung and they say oh take it into a repair center??? What it's new!! It's junk and I want my money back Samsung sold us on something they can not give! The camera will never work as claimed! Just give me my money back and I'll order one from a company that can do what it claims!!! 

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy s20 ultra unlocked camera issues

@userBqHXzZfpm0 "

Ok so I have waited and waited the camera is still horrible!! Doesn't focus for a device that is supposed to be a flagship this is junk! Over $1500 for something that doesn't even do what they claimed! The software fix isn't working!!"

I was afraid from the beginning and stated many times that some things just can't be fixed with software. Many people call it a focus issue, but it's actually more of a natural shallow depth of field effect. Many people seem to still like the S20 Ultra camera and it's still listed by many outlets as one of the best, however I can understand why so many others feel like they didn't get what was promised. 

"This is supposed to be a unlocked phone yet you cant get into any sub menus for testing!"

An unlocked means it can be used with any cellular carrier, has nothing to do with sub menus, bootloader, root or anything like that.

"The camera will never work as claimed! Just give me my money back and I'll order one from a company that can do what it claims!!! "

I don't think it works like that, unfortunately. If you really want to switch, you will need to sell the device and buy another one.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Ok I'm pretty sure you get the just of my complaints so instead of just posting something to post that really doesn't help!  answer if you can other then that don't post just to post!

Yes the camera has a issue several issues! Focus is just one! As for unlocked yes it means it can work on several carrier's systems! All phones from Samsung direct should be able to access sub menus for testing! Therefore if you can't get to it it's usually a locked issue. Oh and as for the last part, Samsung does have responsibility here and can do something about this weather they chose to or not depends on the amount of complaints they get and how far people are willing to let companies like Samsung get away with selling something they knew had a issue from the very start but instead of holding off the launch and fixing they needed to push forward with a flawed device! Yes ultimately it's my own fault for thinking Samsung has learned from there past obviously I was wrong! 

As for accepting your response as a solution NO! Nothing about what you wrote helps at all!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

To be honest, I believe that some of the responsibility is on the user too. Meaning a company can offer a product they made, but it's ultimately up to us to decide if it's a product for us or not. I had the S20 Ultra too, but went back to Note10+. I decided the S20 Ultra wasn't the best device for me. If you decided to keep yours despite all of its perceived flaws, it's unreasonable to demand your money back months later. IMO

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1