cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s20 will not download apps

I just got a brand new galaxy s20. I'm on wifi, the strongest wifi available. I was so excited but now my phone won't download snapchat, Instagram, or any other app. This is such a disappointment. I'll have to take this phone back if we can't figure out how to make it work correctly. Especially after paying 1000 for phone that doesn't even download applications. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s20 will not download apps

Hello!

I can understand wanting to download apps on your device. If you're unable to update or download via network, or what you know to be a good wifi connection, your play store might be goofed. I would recommend starting with clearing the data and cache from the play store app, and rebooting. To do so, long-press the play store icon, select app info, force stop, click on storage and then click the clear data and clear cache. Reboot and see if the symptoms persist. 

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Constellation

I have also had issues with my brand new Galaxy S20 not downloading apps.  I have tried everything I can think of, including the above advice regarding clearing the data and cache from the play store app.  I'm so frustated that I'm about to return this phone and move on to something other than a Samsung phone.  Help!

Highlighted

Clear data and cache from Google Play Services & Google Play Store, reboot and try again

Highlighted
Constellation

Did any of the solutions below resolve your problem? What error message do you get when trying to install an app?