JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s20 will not download apps

(Topic created: 08-25-2020 10:26 AM)
userFQAyoSAIvD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got a brand new galaxy s20. I'm on wifi, the strongest wifi available. I was so excited but now my phone won't download snapchat, Instagram, or any other app. This is such a disappointment. I'll have to take this phone back if we can't figure out how to make it work correctly. Especially after paying 1000 for phone that doesn't even download applications. 

20 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello!

I can understand wanting to download apps on your device. If you're unable to update or download via network, or what you know to be a good wifi connection, your play store might be goofed. I would recommend starting with clearing the data and cache from the play store app, and rebooting. To do so, long-press the play store icon, select app info, force stop, click on storage and then click the clear data and clear cache. Reboot and see if the symptoms persist. 

Let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
userjoNSU2uSSS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have also had issues with my brand new Galaxy S20 not downloading apps.  I have tried everything I can think of, including the above advice regarding clearing the data and cache from the play store app.  I'm so frustated that I'm about to return this phone and move on to something other than a Samsung phone.  Help!

S20-Ultra
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

Clear data and cache from Google Play Services & Google Play Store, reboot and try again

userD8IxYcq2Cq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

That doesn't work.

uncbba02
Pilot
Options
Galaxy S20

The only thing that has worked so far is booting into Safe Mode.  My apps are now downloading and installing.  The only problem is, that means that there is a third-party app on my phone that is causing the issue and there is no way to find out.

0 Likes
SamsungRonin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Did any of the solutions below resolve your problem? What error message do you get when trying to install an app?

userjoNSU2uSSS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have tried everything except completely scrubbing everything from my phone and starting completely over.  If I completely clear the cache and data from the Playstore app, I might be able to get an app to download and install, but even then it can take upwards of 24 hours.  I don't get any type of error message.  My husband just purchased the same phone, and he has no problems at all.  He is wondering if the problem with my phone is because I switched cell phone networks?

userD8IxYcq2Cq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem. I expect this on an old Android but not a brand new one. If this persists I'll have to switch over to Apple sadly. Their products always works for the same price.

JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

@userFQAyoSAIvD Downloads can fail for a number of reasons!

The guide here may help for Google Play: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/google-play-store-will-not-load-or-download-apps/

Otherwise try the following:

1. Try a different network connection or over data
  2. Try a reboot of the device
  3. Try downloading in safe mode: booting into Safe Mode guide here.
  4. Try Wiping cache.
  5. Try Resetting the device. This will remove all data.

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
0 Likes