JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s20 will not download apps

(Topic created: 10-31-2020 08:26 AM)
userFQAyoSAIvD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got a brand new galaxy s20. I'm on wifi, the strongest wifi available. I was so excited but now my phone won't download snapchat, Instagram, or any other app. This is such a disappointment. I'll have to take this phone back if we can't figure out how to make it work correctly. Especially after paying 1000 for phone that doesn't even download applications. 

userrYQBuwDeLS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My apps are not downloading or updating. I have tried to update my Android Auto app and the Starbucks app and they will not update. Frustrating!!!!

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

Try submit a report thru Samsung members app. you can download from Galaxy store.

0 Likes
ken1107
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Same issue here. Even factory wiped my phone twice! and it seemed to have worked for a day and then back to this issue again. Samsung is about to lose alot of fans.
0 Likes
user5UQFa01ca9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue. I've tried every fix out there including wipe and nothing works. Eventually I went to T-Mobile and they swapped out my phone. It fixed the issue for a while but it's only been a month or two and now I'm having the same problem all over again. I've been a Samsung user for years but it looks like I'm going to be forced to become an Apple user...

0 Likes
userxhCeUcqcON
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

OK Samsung lovers this is exactly what you do, press and bold Google play icon, tabs will appear, click on app info, scroll down to change system settings, turn off allow permission, once you have done that you can now download and install any app from Google play, please let me know how you got on

0 Likes
userl8VcwKGOWj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

It did not work. Thanks tho

0 Likes
userxhCeUcqcON
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

OK Samsung lovers this is exactly what you do, press and bold Google play icon, tabs will appear, click on app info, scroll down to change system settings, turn off allow permission, once you have done that you can now download and install any app from Google play, please let me know how you got on

0 Likes
userZXFiY2Kz19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same issue!!! My Samsung is not downloading apps or updating apps. I have tried all of the suggestions! I have cleared the data and cache. I also noticed that i don't get notifications from emails and even texts unless I either restart my phone or switch my connection from data to wifi or visa versa. it doesn't matter whether or not I am using the phones data or wifi. I have the same issues either way.
my connection speed IS NOT THE ISSUE.
On WIFI my download is 472 Mbps and UPLOAD is 552Mbps.

On Cellar Data my download is 128 Mbps and UPLOAD is 37.8 Mbps.

when I either try to download or update, it only gets to a little over 90% downloaded and then stops. this happens on all apps.

So I decided to default the phone. after doing so and after my phone reinstalled the apps, I decided to test it by updating the apps. they updated successfully. Unfortunately the next day my phone would no longer update apps or download apps. I always loved Samsung phones because I am a very technical person but lately the new ones seem to be junk.
0 Likes
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

With the issue still happening, can I ask if you tried the Safe mode step mentioned earlier in the thread? If so, what happened while the phone was in safe mode? Also, check this guide your for some troubleshooting: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-google-play-store-will-not-load-or-d...

If the issue does not happen while in safe mode, a third party app is causing this to happen and you will need to determine which app and delete it in order to fix the issue completely. The simplest way would be a factory reset and only reinstall apps one by one and test it out before installing the next. 

If none of the posted steps here have worked, the next options are speaking with your carrier or seeking an evaluation through a Samsung authorized technician. You're welcome to visit this link to seek local ubreakifix locations for the evaluation here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=M0052682

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4nwBh5g7G7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

They there,

I finally found my solution. After months searching the internet, doing all recommended settings (clear data, wipe Cache, downgrade Play Store, even factory reset my device just to work for one day and then get the same error) I finally found my solution today: the freaking Galaxy Store, which comes pre-installed and cant be uninstalled. The only thing I had to do: stop the app and voila, Play Store immediatly started downloading 25 Updates and installed them.