JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery sort by date?

(Topic created: 07-10-2021 01:23 PM)
EddieLipps
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Is there any way to sort Gallery photos by date phot/screenshot was added?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

It sounds like moving them around changed their dates in the metadata. When they were moved, the gallery assumed they were new images. I'm not sure of a way to correct this. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes. Open the album, tap the three dots at the top right, tap sort and then tap Date created. You can also select Group by date to separate the pictures by date.

0 Likes
EddieLipps
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Sorry, not individual albums, the entire Gallery. When I started I never in a million thought I'd have over 30K images and screen shots. I should have been setting up albums quite a while ago. In trying to get a handle on my files, and searching the web, somehow a very large chunk of my year to year and a half old images got moved to the top of my Gallery.  This is what I'm trying to correct, everything in Gallery back to date order-latest first. The technology both dumbfounded me and baffles me at the same time.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

It sounds like moving them around changed their dates in the metadata. When they were moved, the gallery assumed they were new images. I'm not sure of a way to correct this. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
EddieLipps
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks-don't get old

0 Likes