Original topic:

Game mode & Android 11

(Topic created on: 12/22/20 1:51 AM)
GEORGE-W1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
My phone, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Sprint just upgraded to Android 11.  Love most of the changes however I have several issues.

1) did not give me a choice and updated in a middle of a meeting at church right in the middle of a presentation. Sent a support message about this to T-Mobile/Sprint. 

2) *** MOST IMPORTANTLY *** Games keep getting interrupted with notifications making games virtually impossible to play. Used to be an icon in the navigation bar for game settings and that is gone. IMHO this is a step backwards. If you set the phone down during game play the phone would after a set time of being idle would dim the screen and locking it. This needs to come back ASAP. DND is nor a good option as it is not automatic like it was before. 

3) All notifications seem to be reset so that I was getting a notification about something that I had marked as something that I didn't want notifications 6 months ago when I got the phone from Sprint. The notifications reset also affected what was being sent to my Samsung Gear Fit2 watch. The update SHOULD NOT rest what notifications I had blocked on either my phone or watch. All of sudden I was receiving at least three to four notifications a minute both on my phone and watch.

Thank you, 
Rev George 
0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
game launcher? or play games?
0 Likes
GEORGE-W1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Both
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
had no choice but to erase bud, there are different categories and groups but it saves the main things for everything it can, it revoked and default set app permissions to, for some , for me anyway. simple to block now though... the notifications interrupt your game, are they from the game or just normal notifications? if normal notifications, do you want them all to stop, let through a few, or don't care? lastly, do you know if adaptive notifications is on/off and suggest action and replies is on/off? that will let me know where to have you go do it real quick
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
We're your phone settings and app settings backed with your phone back up restore location? or in a different spot? synced? have you checked or tried to restore the settings?
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

does it happen to all games you play?? or can you give me a name of the the app?

also, can you please share the screen shot? and what is your software version? setting - about - software info - baseband ver

thank you!!

0 Likes