cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier frequent battery drain/unresponsive screen/charging issues

My S3 Frontier that I've had for about a year recently started having MULTIPLE issues at once. 

(For clarification: The watch has been a normal daily wear. Usually 2-3 days between full charges. Have used the supplied charging cables and setup. Phone, watch and apps all up to date with updates as they happen.)

1) Random battery drain

• example: some days, watch goes from 83% to 2% within 15 minutes

- No background apps show. Nothing seems to be draining it. It just drains. No explanation.

- Sometimes I have to do a "forced reboot" just to get the watch to charge properly once I notice the error.

• Other days? No issues. And I've been paying attention to any variables. (wear time, app usage, charge, nightime wear in "night mode." NOTHING seems to be the trigger...or not?)

2) Screen is unresponsive/slow when removed from charging base

• Something happens in the charge. When it's removed, it is slow and most of the time unresponsive. Holding the menu button to pull up power options only works SOMETIMES and even then, you cannot click the "Power Off" option. It simply times out the screen and goes back to the watch face. You then have to try the power option again. Most of the time, I have to do a "forced reboot" to even get the watch to operate properly.

• This is after nearly every charge after 2 days of normal wear.

3) Flickers between charging/not charging on Samsung supplied charging base

• Since I began having the quick darin issues, I began experiencing strange charging problems. 

- Upon laying the watch in the charging cradle, the watch will read rotate the face and read "charging." Then, it will almost immediately roate the face again and read me the "finished charging" message (i.e. "Battery still low" or "watch charged to 78% percent." Whatever the watch is currently at.)

- I have to take the watch off the base and replace it multiple times to initiate a charge without the errors.

• YES, once I experienced the issue, I tried another working Samsung S3 charging cradle as well as the wireless powershare feature on my S20 Ultra. Same thing happens every time. 

I have uninstalled ALL apps, and 3rd party watch faces, cleaned RAM and memory. What is going on?!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier frequent battery drain/unresponsive screen/charging issues

I'm having the same problem but mines as far as I can tell happens when I wear it while its cold outside.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I've been having the same issue and it started after a software update which tells me that's what caused it. Feels like Samsung is trying to force us all into a watch upgrade and their complete and utter silence when it comes to nearly everyone having this issue just helps to support my thought on that. My Gear S3 is utterly useless now. I haven't worn it in over a month, no point in putting it on so it can die in a couple hours. Was a great watch until Samsung ruined it.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I thought it was just my watch doing this. I used to be able to get a few days on one charge; it now dies in 3 or 4hrs and I'm not doing anything with it.  I guess this last update jacked up some things because I also can't get rid of that annoying PIN. On the screen to turn it off, the 'none' is not enabled. What have they done to my once 'nice watch' ??