Original topic:

General speaker doesn't work, can't hear notification and call sounds

(Topic created: 05-22-2021 01:40 AM)
Ubbie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Brand new phone and the notification or call sounds do not work. Media speaker is fine. General speaker doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem?

10 Replies
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Is your "do not disturb" setting on? What carrier are you using for your phone and is it on the latest software version? You can check the software version by going to (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number (last 4 characters))

Ubbie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My carrier is AT&T. The do not disturb is off. It says newest update version, last 4 numbers ATF2.
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you able to play any music on the phone through your speakers? If yes then there might be some settings you have done that ringtone did not work.

Ubbie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
When I run diagnostics the media speaker is working. But the other speaker isn't. It gives me a report that its not working but doesn't tell me how to fix it.
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

You may have to service your phone to the repair center. Samsung is offering discounted repair for front liners in the USA go check them out. 

Ubbie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have no idea where the service center is but I'm sure that information is somewhere. Thank you!
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Their authorized repair center is called ubreakifix repair center check your area or chat with samsung on their website. 

0 Likes
Ubbie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you.
0 Likes
Ubbie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just noticed on my messages for 4 of my contacts, the bell sign is crossed out. I checked it out and instructions say to turn on notifications for this contact. How do you turn on notifications for individual contacts?
0 Likes