JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gmail notification - delete email option

(Topic created: 09-23-2020 05:27 AM)
DeePee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have recently upgraded to an S20 from an S7. On the S7 and on my Samsung Tab A, I am able to delete and archive emails directly from the notifications, which is really useful. But on the S20, the options are Archive and Reply and I can't find out how/where to change this. I have set swipe options in the Gmail app to be Delete and Archive, how do I get these carried through to the notifications?

Many thanks

DeePee

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20

Open gmail....... settings......... general settings........ default notification action

if this solved your problem, press 3dots and select accepted solution

View solution in context

6 Replies
Zero_83
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
open Samsung email app. click the 3 line menu at top left...click the gear icon you will see to the left of your account image..scroll down to swipe actions... customize as you want
0 Likes
DeePee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, thanks for this, but is Gmail. not Samsung email that I am trying to sort out.

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20

Open gmail....... settings......... general settings........ default notification action

if this solved your problem, press 3dots and select accepted solution

DeePee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

OMG, how did I miss that option in the general settings....you are star thank you!!!!

Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Hmm I didn't know you could do this straight from notifications. So if you get a notification you can just delete it right then without even having to open the Gmail app? I'll have to look into this.
0 Likes
DeePee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yup, you certainly can and it is very helpful if, like me, you get loads of unwanted mails.

Just pull down on the notification and the options are there (archive and reply by default). Thanks to This-is-me, I have now found how to change the options to delete and reply.

0 Likes