Original topic:

Google assistant doesn't work on bootup after android 11 update on both of my phones.

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 7:23 AM)
johnnyc256
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone having problems with Google assistant after the android 11 update?  I have to go into the settings and turn off and back on again in the Google feature setting menu to get it to work again. This is happening to both my phone and my wife's phone after the update., so I think it is an android 11 bug.

12 Replies
Aime
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately it is a bug, but there's an update coming soon to fix it. Just be patient.
0 Likes
johnnyc256
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I thought that it must be a bug after my wife's phone had the same problem.  What I can't understand is why more people aren't complaining about google assistant  bug.

johnnyc256
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just downloaded Jan security update and their was no fix for the Google assistant . It still doesn't work properly on both of my phones. This is the last Samsung phone that I will ever purchase. I hate this phone. My s8+ was way better and didn't have as many bugs. All Samsung is now doing is taking away features and copying the worst iPhone features. No  more sd slot in new phones. No headphone jack. No spo2 sensor.  No headphones. No battery charger.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It wasn't fixed with my last update! I am extremely  angry.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This is not a solution! I just got my second update today to ui 3.1 and and still the problem was not fixed with the Google assistant.  I have given Samsung months to fix this bug and still no fix. $2400.  for 2 S20+ phones and they don't work properly.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got updated to one UI 3.1 and the Google assistant bug was not fixed. What  is wrong with Samsung and Google?

0 Likes
userjSMeNlRHDi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
my google assistant is dead. When I try to open the app, nothing happens. it doesn't even recognize my note 9 as a connected device and if I go to voice match in the settings it says that I can't connect to the network.
0 Likes
CallMeCooper
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Johnny, you can't blame Samsung for this... Android is run by and owned by Google. and, you can't know if it's something only happening on a Samsung... I have the most up-to-date Samsung Note 10 plus Android 11 on Verizon and it has been like this since 2 updates ago...

If you want to test your Theory, then the next phone you should get is a Google phone... I like my Note 10 plus so much that I don't have any plans to get a new phone for awhile... when necessary I will go to the Samsung store and have them replace the battery, but still not necessary, going on two years!
0 Likes
johnnyc256
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Cooper,

If Samsung knows about the Google assistant problem, then it should work with Google to get a fix as fast as possible. The bug should have been spotted by the beta testers who were testing the android 11 update before it was released to the public. I used to be a beta tester for Motorola phones a while back and tested the android operating system before updates were released to the public. To me this is not a minor problem. Most people use the Google assistant all the time. At least I do.  I have purchased Samsung phones starting with the S4 and every two years upgrading to the latest version. I now own a Samsung S20 plus. I also own a Tab A 10.1 2019 version and the Android 10 update caused the wifi to stop functioning on bootup. I posted a temporary fix to get it to work again. By turning the wifi off and then on again. It took Samsung about one month to fix this problem with the next security update also fixing the wifi bug.

0 Likes