Original topic:

Google location accuracy interfering with Wifi.

(Topic created on: 12/10/20 8:28 AM)
userYO5Qr5OUkn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Recently I have been having a lot of issues with Wifi on my S20 and only on my S20. After searching and reseting everything, even a factory reset, the issue remained. Thanks to a post on Reddit with the same issue, it seems setting Google Location Accuracy to ON interferes with the Wifi, either producing a not connected icon ( exclamation point) or connected with no internet access. This is constant.

Turning off Google Location Accuracy immediately corrects the problem.

Take this as a bug report. Fully updated S20( UI3) on Google mesh wifi.

23 Replies
Rickers22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you for this :sign_of_the_horns:
0 Likes
userDi02z8kkB1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yeah, I almost return my note 20, really frustrating. Opened a ticket to Samsung and they are not acknowledging the issue. So far after disabling that I had no issues but it's disappointing. 

0 Likes
frixo3190
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes , I confirm that ! Please correct this bug !

0 Likes
usersKhKxhmAm5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm trying to get another phone. This new phone is trash support is giving me the run around. I get a brand new phone and I can't connect to internet half the time. -3*s
0 Likes
userseqF5WL2IE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I can confirm that doing two things will resolve Wi-Fi issues. Number one, disable randomized MAC under the SSID advanced settings. Number two, disable Google location accuracy.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

you can report a bug by downloading samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

i also use location with wifi, such as getting direction before leaving house or yelp search but i never had these issues

0 Likes
tberman333
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
same issue, the location accuracy only worked temporarily for me
0 Likes
userDAtpWmSaWv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue.  For the past month my new Samsung Galaxy 20 has been having this problem. Please fix this bug soon! It is super annoying,  especially for a $1000 phone.

user6QF5seowdC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same thing here happening on my Note10, the problem goes away if I disable the location accuracy, but then I get warnings when using location based services such as weather apps and the camera. Really frustrating.

0 Likes