cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Gps issue s20 ultra 5g verizon

Gps loses tracking most of the time. It seems to shoot me 600m to the north then fix there.

I do the thing that you are supposed to do with the figure 8. This has been happening since I got it on march 5th.

Reboots do not help

Factory reset does not help

Swapping sims do not help

Remove and reinstalling the navigation apps do not help.

Pokemon go is unplayable and navigation doesn't work.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gps issue s20 ultra 5g verizon

same here

It happens randomly

When I attach it to my androis auto, it locks on to the correct location within 1 meter. 

But gps status shows that the device thinks its 600 meters off when I do that so when I unplug it just snaps back.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you checked your location settings? I'd just like to confirm if you have the improve location accuracy enabled on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried all options for accuracy with no change. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I can see how frustrating this issue you can be. Have you checked these things here?

• First thing you want to check to make sure that your phone and app are up to date? Anytime where one or the other is not up to date it can cause issues on your phone. 
  • Another thing you can try is clearing the cache for the app in question. This is a soft reboot for the app without erasing any data
  • Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. 
    Here are the steps to clearing the cache partition on your phone
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

I have tried all ways: reinstall, clear cache and storage, switching accounts, change sim, factory reset and also follow this guidance. Nothing works. I am not using G5 but G3/G4/LTE. So frustrating with it!

Highlighted
Constellation

Still I have the issue and dont know how to play now. Pokemongo is hanging right after starting the apps! No issue with S10 or Note9, Note10. Only luxury S20 Ultra that creates the problem. Tired!