cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gps lock and locations major problem needing to be fixed or at least acknowledged

GPS lock location will not register on Google maps or waze. Also games that use GPS location such as pokemon go, and other similar games and apps like that will not register the right location. It will jump miles away from where you actually are. I see a lot of users are having the same problem and they need to acknowledge this and is they will be able to fix with a software update. If not they need to offer full refunds of the faulty device. Its 2020 an completely unacceptable to have a phone that cost over $1,200 and it have these sort of problems. If it wasn't ready to be shipped out and put out a perfect product with a flagship phone then shouldve just skipped a year altogether. My s8 I had before this was way better than this phone. Wish I would've never upgraded.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Gps lock and locations major problem needing to be fixed or at least ackno..

This is how I fixed mine. Use google maps and plot a trip from home to work. Then plot back to starting location. When you travel it make sure you use the prefer route. Let the phone sit for five minutes. This has fixed mine. I have also had luck turning off location services and the turning on air plane mode. Then vise versa. If you restart you phone you have to reroute train again.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gps lock and locations major problem needing to be fixed or at least ackno..

this might be a temporary fix but it will still revert back to the gps going everywhere. Its 2020 I nor should anyone with a 1200 dollar phone should have to do secret cheat codes to temporarily fix a flagship phone. Samsung needs to adress this issue immediately 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Gps lock and locations major problem needing to be fixed or at least acknowledged

My phone is having the same problems, I use the GPS a lot on Google maps, Most of the time it works fine but when I stop for a bit and then try to get back on a route it can't locate or it takes it time. Never had this problem on my S9.