Original topic:

Green or white flickering screen

(Topic created: 07-15-2021 09:21 AM)
user35HCvd6k8l
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

It started with flickering lines in the background but now the phone is almost completely unusable with a white screen with flickering lines or a green screen with flickering lines. After having been down for almost a week the normal screen suddenly reappeared. I immediately connected it to my laptop via link to windows app and later went into safe mode and it functions perfectly without any lines. However when I return to normal mode it is an unusable mess again. Having it connected to my laptop I am able to see the true screen even though the phone is showing a green unusable screen. The phone is completely functional and I am able to view and control it completely via link to windows app. The phone has never been dropped or damaged in any way. And just barely out of warranty of course. This is totally unacceptable as I am seeing that more and more users are having the same issue. To pay $1,400 for a phone and to have these sort of problems is completely unacceptable. Especially since everything is pointing to bad software as the hardware clearly is not the problem as it works perfectly in safe mode and this was a known problem for the international variant last year.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If everything works normally in safe mode, this means something that was downloaded (Usually a third party app) is what's causing your issue. I would recommend attempting a factory reset and reinstalling apps one by one until you find the culprit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

which carrier do you have? take it to ubreakifix or samsung care store nearby asap 

0 Likes