cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Green screen shade on my samsung s20 ultra

While playing CSR2 Game on my samsung s20 Ultra a green shade appears on my whole screen some times it disappaer but most of the time it comes continously. What is that issue. Even while watching videos on full screen sometimes it happens. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Green screen shade on my samsung s20 ultra

Do you experience these symptoms in all apps or specific apps?

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

-The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

-Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Do you have the Blue Light filter turned in your settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I did a hard reset for everything it won't fix that 

Highlighted
Asteroid

This happened immediately after applying April update. More and more posts of this green tint is emeeging.

It happen when you lower your brightness to less than 25%, and open a full screen app, your screen is covered with a green screen filter. Only happen when you use 120hz. If you switch to 60hz , the green tint is no longer there even ob low brightness. We need to get this fixed asap. April update broke the phone.

Some of the same issues here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/green-screen-issues-S20-Ultra/td-p/1190919

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Green-layer-on-screen/m-p/1186632

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Samsung-S20-ultra/m-p/1193333

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have this issue too with my S20 Ultra 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue 

Not really comfortable with this device any more I really want to return it, I only hear bad comments about it. 

@useraD7fgFI88a wrote:

I have this issue too with my S20 Ultra 

Highlighted
Constellation

Facing the same issue after installing the recent update. Very very bad phone and bad buying decision of buying Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra! Complete rip off, camera can't focus, phone was restarting sporadically before this update (let's see if that is solved now), WiFi and LTE radios also poor have slow speeds! And now this green tint on screen mostly noticed playing some video on screen! What nonsense is this Samsung?? Why your so called flagship, the most expensive phone, is so so bad?