JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group messages on a S20

(Topic created: 04-21-2020 03:26 PM)
user4w4ekpcBdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

everytime I send a group message out or reply to a group message, my text don't go to the group as a whole, but everyone gets seperate messages from me.  I already have the setting set-up to be group messages, but it seems to not work.  Not sure if it matters, but i am using the default messaging app that was already on the phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

This will depend on who your service provider is. Verizon is CDMA, T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

20 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you have the option selected in advanced messaging settings to send to the group as a whole?

Features on all our devices vary by carrier and region. While the devices are mostly identical, some devices take advantage of the unique capabilities of their carrier networks. For more information, please contact your preferred carrier.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4w4ekpcBdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, it is set as that. Would my Mobile Network have anything to do it? GLOBAL? OR LTE?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Within the U.S., you should be set to LTE.

0 Likes
user4w4ekpcBdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Would that affect the group text messaging?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

It possibly could as MMS/Group messaging is part of your data provisioning.

0 Likes
user4w4ekpcBdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Should it be set at LTE/GSM. or LTE/CDME?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

This will depend on who your service provider is. Verizon is CDMA, T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM. 

d22rego
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

where do i find this on my S20 i cant fnf it anywhre help

0 Likes
user4w4ekpcBdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Go to connections in settings. Then go to mobile network, then under network mode select one of the 3. Just note, that you may still have issues with either sending or receiving group messages as a group. My phone still sends out individual messages sometimes instead of to the group at once.

0 Likes