JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group texting and Data not working

(Topic created: 11-06-2022 08:28 AM)
mayb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My texting (group texting specifically) hasn't been working after the latest update (andriod 12 I think). I am unable to send or receive group texts, on or off wifi. Also, my data has not been working properly since the update either. I cannot access the internet when I am offline or any offline games. Notifications won't come in until I get connect to the internet again. I also can't receive pictures offline anymore. My phone was working perfectly before the update, and now it's not. Anyone got any ideas of how to fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

You state that this all started after an update.  Sometimes an update views the previous systems cache incorrectly, and this simply needs to be cleared.  To clear your system cache follow these steps:

1) Turn off your device.

2) power the device back on by holding the power and volume up buttons until you see some tiny text appear.

3) using the volume up and down buttons, highlight reset cache partition.

4) press the power/bixby button.

5) confirm by using the volume up/down buttons to select yes, and then select with the power/bixby button.

6) restart your device after the wipe finishes by selecting reboot/restart

Hopefully this will help with your issue.

View solution in context

11 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you try resetting the network settings
0 Likes
mayb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't think so how do you do that
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Settings
General management
Reset network settings
Nasadeen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm very confused about my phone it says it's in service but I can't text nobody or call nobody what do I do
0 Likes
mayb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yea that's kinda like what's happening to me
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Is it the s20 fe? I know that the s20 has a lot of problems right now.
0 Likes
mayb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes it is
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Maybe contact your cell carrier, and wait for an update, samsung is trying to fix the problem
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

You state that this all started after an update.  Sometimes an update views the previous systems cache incorrectly, and this simply needs to be cleared.  To clear your system cache follow these steps:

1) Turn off your device.

2) power the device back on by holding the power and volume up buttons until you see some tiny text appear.

3) using the volume up and down buttons, highlight reset cache partition.

4) press the power/bixby button.

5) confirm by using the volume up/down buttons to select yes, and then select with the power/bixby button.

6) restart your device after the wipe finishes by selecting reboot/restart

Hopefully this will help with your issue.