cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

HUGE Problem with Galaxy S20 Ultra front-facing camera!

Hello,

I have an S20 Ultra that I pre-ordered directly from Samsung and received at launch back in March. It was working flawlessly until just three days ago, when all of a sudden, the front-facing camera just stopped working. This happens no matter which camera app I use. The rear camera works fine, but when I tap on the icon for the front camera, it freezes during the "flipping" animation and only shows a black screen. It doesn't even show any of the usual on-screen options.

I've tried all the suggested tips online and even had a Samsung rep connect with Smart Tutor to troubleshoot, but she couldn't fix it. Even after a backup and factory reset, the problem is still there. This is not only a disappointment, it's a colossal failure for a $1400 phone. It's only been 5 months and I'm bringing it into a service center later this week, but if it can't be fixed, I certainly hope Samsung will do the right thing and either fully refund my money or replace it with another phone, like the Note 20 Ultra. Especially considering it's well within the warranty period.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: HUGE Problem with Galaxy S20 Ultra front-facing camera!

what is your carrier?

and can i have the last 4 numbers baseband version?

(settings -> about -> software info -> baseband)

have you dropped on ground or in water by any chance??

thanks

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: HUGE Problem with Galaxy S20 Ultra front-facing camera!

Verizon and ATFG. No I have not.