JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HUGE Problem with Galaxy S20 Ultra front-facing camera!

(Topic created: 08-10-2020 11:19 AM)
Starlord1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello,

I have an S20 Ultra that I pre-ordered directly from Samsung and received at launch back in March. It was working flawlessly until just three days ago, when all of a sudden, the front-facing camera just stopped working. This happens no matter which camera app I use. The rear camera works fine, but when I tap on the icon for the front camera, it freezes during the "flipping" animation and only shows a black screen. It doesn't even show any of the usual on-screen options.

I've tried all the suggested tips online and even had a Samsung rep connect with Smart Tutor to troubleshoot, but she couldn't fix it. Even after a backup and factory reset, the problem is still there. This is not only a disappointment, it's a colossal failure for a $1400 phone. It's only been 5 months and I'm bringing it into a service center later this week, but if it can't be fixed, I certainly hope Samsung will do the right thing and either fully refund my money or replace it with another phone, like the Note 20 Ultra. Especially considering it's well within the warranty period.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Generally, repairs would be recommended if the troubleshooting steps were not successful. This repair would be covered under the limited warranty, you can find local ubreakifix locations here for walk-in service repair options: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=M0052682

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

what is your carrier?

and can i have the last 4 numbers baseband version?

(settings -> about -> software info -> baseband)

have you dropped on ground or in water by any chance??

thanks

Starlord1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Verizon and ATFG. No I have not.
usercYC5m2mKet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

i have the same issue. whats going on?

Starlord1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
They fixed it under warranty for me, but the problem shouldn't have existed in the first place.
Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Generally, repairs would be recommended if the troubleshooting steps were not successful. This repair would be covered under the limited warranty, you can find local ubreakifix locations here for walk-in service repair options: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=M0052682

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context