JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Harassing Text Messages Sent From Emails

(Topic created: 05-16-2021 05:27 PM)
IHaveAQuestion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have Googled how to stop the barrage of daily text messages being sent by email addresses.  They always contain links to skanky websites.  The instructions for Android phones that Google offers don't work for the Samsung S20 Plus.  The options shown for Android Settings are not options in my Settings on this phone.  I've also read on Google that I would need to contact my service provider and they would have to set up a block.  I was not at all shocked when Spectrum, my service provider, said they have no way to block it and had absolutely zero advice or other helpful information for me.  If you know how to resolve this annoying issue, please respond.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bbuttafly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This worked for me on my s9+; i currently have s21 ultra plus but also haven't received any <edit> email texts.

Screenshot_20210517-010423_Google.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
bbuttafly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This worked for me on my s9+; i currently have s21 ultra plus but also haven't received any <edit> email texts.

Screenshot_20210517-010423_Google.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
IHaveAQuestion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you! I'll try that.
0 Likes
Cyberbuilder
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Contact your carrier and have them disable it.
0 Likes
IHaveAQuestion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Spectrum, my carrier, says there's nothing they can do.
0 Likes
Cyberbuilder
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I can assure you this is not true. All carriers including MVNOs can disable it.
0 Likes
IHaveAQuestion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Then the issue becomes that Spectrum's call center employees either don't know about it, or dont know how to disable it. Having worked in a call center years ago, either is highly likely. Can you tell me what the correct terminology is? What do I ask them to disconnect?