cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Heart rate sensor GONE!!!

Why did Samsung remove the heart rate monitor that they have had since the S5?

I so wished I kept my S9. That was by far the best Galaxy to date! I had issues with fingerprint sensor on S10 and now this!

I have heart palpitations and I would constanly use the heart rate feature in Samsung Health.

I would like to know why Samsung removed this feature?

I even showed it to my doctor and he was impressed!

Please Samsung, bring back the heart rate monitor and let us record our heart rythym!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Heart rate sensor GONE!!!

they did it to force you to buy one of their fitness trackers. Really pathetic!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Maker_Bayfield 

"I would like to know why Samsung removed this feature?"

Unfortunately I don't think they will ever tell. They do remove some features from time to time, for example we also lost VR support starting with Note 10, Linux on DEX is gone, obviously the headphone jack... some might be removed because they're not popular, others might be because of partnerships with other companies ending, like Oculus. And of course there is always a possibility that it's a basic business decision, like with the headphone jack. 

I don't think it's because of wearable devices, personally. They had wearables with fitness features for many years too, at the same time as heart rate sensors on phones. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

I noticed they seem to love getting rid of things people really like. Remember the old  S3 had voice snooze for alarms?! That was a handy feature. Then, I went and got a note 5...poof be gone went that feature. 😠