cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Help!! Possible Fraudulent Activity!!!

Hello everyone! I am at a loss of what to do with this current situation I'm in!!

Also I know this may not be the right channel to seek help from, but I have not been able to find assistance anywhere i've yet looked within Samsung. So if this is not the right place to seek helpo please suggest where I should go instead of this forum! I have tried talking multiple times with Samsung custoimer support agents, and they have not been helpful or been able to provide a location I should contact for help on this issue of ours!

My father has just recieved a letter in the mail from "Samsung Financing" that shows a statment containing an invoice for through samsung financing for a Galaxy S20+ 5G -128GB phone and another Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G - 128GB Smiley Surprised!! The total amount being financed is $2,613.98 and we are 100% certain that nobody signed up for financing through Samsung! It seems like the Samsung Financing is going through TD Retail Card Services, and we have been unable to succesfully get in touch with someone at that bank to inform them of this fraudulent financing they've initiated! I have been on the phone with TD Bank in an attempt to seek support and information on their end, but have currently been on hold for 4+ hours with no luck yet Smiley Frustrated!

I've tried getting in touch with Samsung and have had minimal luck. I just don't know what department I have to contact for assistance, or even what our next step should be to try and remedy this situation! The financing invoice says that the next payment date is on April 20th 2020 for the amount of $73.62! My parents are recently retired and living on a fixed income, so I am very worried for them and am trying to find out what we should do, or where we should start looking for help. Is there any support Samsung is able to offer in regards to this whole situation!? Please, I would love any information, advice or support on this, no matter how small or limited it may be! I am having my parents contact the credit bureaus (Experien, TransUnion and Equifax) to report this possible instance of fraud as soon as possible, and request a detailed transcript of their recent credit activity, and also to request that a "credit Freeze" be placed on their accounts! I have urged them to contact the Federal Trade Commision (FDC) to inform them of this possible fraud attempt, and have told my parents to contact their Social Security office to make a report as well as to their credit card companies! Any Sugestions or advice will be greatly appreciated, or if someone can suggest a place we could contact within Samsung on this matter it would be very helpful! Please stay healthy out there everyone! Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Help!! Possible Fraudulent Activity!!!

I would def dispute these through credit karma that you never opened up this credit line ASAP ! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey thanks for the suggestion! I'm having my parents contact all 3 of the credit bureaus to inform them of this possible fraud, would that be the same thing as contacting CreditKarma? 

I also have my parents contacting all of their banks and credit card companies to inform them of this fraud, and to request a freeze on their credit! Hopefully those are good things to do in these circumstances! I really appreciate your suggestion and if you have any other recommendations on steps we could take moving forward I'd be greatful!! Cheers! 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @user7onuvcsD88  

Im sorry to hear about your parents situation. The number for support is provided in the Samsung Financing FAQ's. If you call the toll free number and press the pound  (#) option when prompted each time, it should transfer you to a represtative instead of searching for an account.

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the advice! I believe I have already tried calling that support number and finally went ahead and ended the call after being on hold for an agent after I'd been waiting on the phone for 3.5+ hours with no assistance Smiley Sad! I will try calling that number from the support page you linked in your response! Hopefully it will work, because if it does'nt I dont know what more I could do to protect my parents in this situation! Cheers!