Original topic:

Hey Google voice commands not working

(Topic created: 10-29-2022 09:43 PM)
DrMorbius
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought a Galaxy S10 (sorry, found S20 but not S10 thread here) updated to Android 12 on Amazon, and voice commands / Hey Google worked out-of-the-box. But after activating the phone and installing a couple apps, it hasn't worked since. In the past week I've researched and attempted over a dozen suggested fixes to get Assistant working again, including of course the default setup process, but none have resolved the issue.

Even doing a complete factory data reset didn't get it working, and then subsequently attempting all the recommended fixes again. I even deleted the device from my Google account thinking installation might be drawing some setup data info from the cloud. That didn't have any affect, but I'm still wondering if this still might be a problem with data being pulled from elsewhere in the cloud.

I'll be returning the phone for a replacement at this point, but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that Hey Google / Google Assistant and related voice commands do work for people with S10 phones updated to Android 12. Otherwise I may look into purchasing a different model.

Thanks for any and all feedback!

3 Replies
userEiFAgbLdAW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Voice to text s10+
0 Likes
K87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine sort of works, but not enough for me to trust it and actually use it. The only thing I use is the phone announces whoever is calling. It was having trouble learning properly when I tried setting up the Google assistant and I hate Bixby with a passion for a number of reasons, I wouldn't use that one at all
0 Likes
DrMorbius
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I swapped the S10 for a S20 FE and now all's good.

0 Likes