JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hidden alarm

(Topic created: 02-16-2023 06:26 AM)
myself285
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This past sunday, my phone alarm started going off at 8 am. I dont have any calendar events set nor do I see an alarm for me to delete. How can I stop this from happening tomorrow morning?

Thank you
3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, welcome to the Samsung community. I understand your concerns with the random alarm sounding and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

We would recommend placing the device in Safe Mode to determine which third party app is causing the random alarm sound. 

To place your device in Safe Mode: 

Power off your device 

Turn on the device, when the Samsung logo appears press and hold the volume down button.

Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen (If Safe Mode does not appear repeat the previous steps).

Once you are in Safe Mode you can remove the third party app causing the alarm sound. Start by removing apps that were updated when the alarm sound started.

To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone normally 

annoyingghostalarm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the same reoccurring issue with a ghost alarm (it's driving me insane)... problem is, I don't know which third party app to remove when I start it in safe mode... get so annoyed with it going off multiple times a day that I want to throw my phone!!!
timmyjim
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This happens to me too, except at 7:00 cst