Original topic:

Home screen one UI crasch

(Topic created on: 1/12/21 12:27 AM)
userg7NjUf3mmM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello!

I have a problem... my Homescreen for One UI crashes time after time, so i can´t reach the apps.

I Have a S20 with Android 11 One UI 3.0 ver 12.0.00.141

What to do?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userg7NjUf3mmM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It didn´t work with wipe cache partition, in this case i need to have something in the USB-c  to get into that meny. I think it was when i show system apps och clear all in the UI app and the home screen app , after that it was working again!?  No factory reset :)

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Is your phone backed-up?  Hopefully so.  You may need to do a factory reset.   

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
wipe cache partition
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I could be wrong, but I don't think cache partition has anything to do with this problem...?

0 Likes
userg7NjUf3mmM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

No that did not work...

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

No, I didn't think "wiping the cache partition" would help.   My comment was "I don't think cache partition has anything to do with this problem..."

I think you will need to do a factory reset;   settings/general management/reset/Factory Data Reset - - choose factory data reset and confirm selection.

That should solve your problem.  Hopefully you have a backup of your contacts and data somehow.... Samsung Cloud, Verizon Cloud,  Google Back-up....?  - - Good luck!  Keep us posted.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
where do you find this version 12.0.00.141?
in "about phone" or someplace else?.
what carrier?
0 Likes
userg7NjUf3mmM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

In home screen then "about home screen"

0 Likes
userg7NjUf3mmM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

And a S20

0 Likes
Solution
userg7NjUf3mmM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It didn´t work with wipe cache partition, in this case i need to have something in the USB-c  to get into that meny. I think it was when i show system apps och clear all in the UI app and the home screen app , after that it was working again!?  No factory reset :)

View solution in context

0 Likes