cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Horrible picture quality no matter the distance

After spending over $1400 on a phone that boasted the quality of its camera, I am extremely disappointed. The quality of my pictures are all horrible. There is always some kind of blur to them. I have played around with the settings, quality, enabled, disabled, settings and nothing help. Seriously conteplating on returning the phone. My S7 has a much better picture qualty than this phone. An extreme waste of money. I even tried calling Samsung customer support and they were of absolute no help.  This is just ridiculous at this point

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Horrible picture quality no matter the distance

Same here. I've tried to every adjustment in the setting and it turns out the same with a blured haze around the image. This phone has been a complete wast of money as it is now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here !  I've done every update available and played with all the settings . Such a disappointing gimmicky phone . I swear all the reviewers on the phone at launch must have gotten paid big bucks from Samsung to sucker people in . I cant wait to pay this off .

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Just got the new update yesterday and it has helped a ton!! Focus is quick and smooth and the close up zoom mode almost makes up for not being able to get super close for macro. Not perfect, but mostly satisfied now not feeling like I got ripped off. The updates/improvements need to keep coming at this price point and eventually (really hoping the updates/improvements keep coming and make this phone the best!!) the camera will be amazing if this is true. Please keep them coming Samsung!! Much better, but not great yet.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

*ATE6 Is my current software version FYI.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got the s20 yesterday and it has ate6 but I still see the pictures blurry.I have the note9 still so I took a picture of a flower with both phones and the only improvement I saw was the color was slightly better on the s20 but the quality was extremely better on the note 9.  S20 top photo, note 9 photo at the bottomScreenshot_20200614-224706_Messenger.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Try shooting in pro mode and make sure it saves raw copies. This has saved me a few times as Samsung's default processing wrecks pictures. 

Take a look at these examples of the same picture. Samsung need to let us have raw copies no matter what shooting mode.

Image 1.

Samsung’s default processing. Colours are nowhere need real and some areas look like I’ve gone over it multiple times with a soften tool.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahoidnu3zLDp_LZ4k9Bk3JCELT4CBg?e=3EBimD

Image 2.

The same photo exported to jpg file from the raw version. Colours are true to life and much better detail.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahoidnu3zLDp_LZ3SCjqinjATgh6uA?e=t6BLBc