JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How are butt dials still happening?

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 01:45 PM)
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
S20 FE 5G. I took a break to walk around the block, despite the heat, and lo and behold, three outgoing calls near the end even though the phone was in my pocket untouched the whole time. A little sweat fools the touch sensor?

EDIT: Whoopsie. It seems there was an update pending a device restart for a couple of weeks. Maybe the update fixes all possible issues.
9 Replies
userCDOgSH5OzG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Try to enable accidental touch feature:

Settings > Display > Enable accidental touch protection

AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
It should have been on the whole time Screenshot_20210901-095207_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
userCDOgSH5OzG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

so it was on or did you just enabled it?

if it is happening after you enable the feature, reproduce the issue again and immediately after  

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report

don't forget to attach logs 

AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
I hadn't thought about that setting in months, since first setting up the phone. Accidental touch protection should have been enabled since then, months ago.
0 Likes
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
Another thing I should try might be to disable "Double tap to turn on screen" under Motions and gestures.Screenshot_20210906-120541_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, have you had any more issues with the pocket dialing?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
No, but I haven't exactly been out walking around in 90° heat again. I'm thinking it was all the sweating through my clothes including my pockets that did it. I'm hoping disabling "Double tap to turn on screen" does the trick or at least gets me 90% of it.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

If the issue returns, don't hesitate to reach back out to us 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
Soitenly! Oh, Accidental touch protection was on and Touch sensitivity was off, even though I have a screen protector. I'll keep looking for anything else that might be relevant. But I think it was because I was sweating buckets that the phone butt dialed.
0 Likes