JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I get rid of the warning “group conversation will be sent as multimedia messages”

(Topic created on: 1/5/21 8:29 AM)
userG6AscCz27C
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This warning appears each time I receive or send a group message and it overlays the message, This warning last for 28 seconds and I cannot  read or respond to a message until it disappears because it blocks the message and the  keyboard. How can I turn this off? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You cannot turn this notification off I don't believe, You can check with your carrier as they control your messaging services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You cannot turn this notification off I don't believe, You can check with your carrier as they control your messaging services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
mwils466
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

It is not the carrier. It is the phone. This only happens on the Samsung phones. All other phones i have tried it does not do this popup message. But, If you go into Messages/Settings/More settings/Multimedia messages/Group conversation. If you uncheck that the messages will can still be sent where it looks like a group but is actually individual messages and replies all come back separate. 

If someone comes up with a cure for this please let me know. A good work around is using the app Textra. I works very similar to original app but has much more customization. 

0 Likes
userE5cvjUFglW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for addressing this issue. It is not the carrier, it is the Samsung phone.  Please Samsung remove this annoying info box in Samsung message application.

0 Likes
user9n53309HYt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Every single time I get a "GROUP MESSAGE" the Samsung Galaxy s20 5G phone throws up a message that reads
“Group conversation will be sent as multimedia messages.”

This HUGE message sits at the bottom of the screen and covers up everything, sitting on top of the *^*%#ing incoming message so that I can't read it, and it stays there forEVER. I'm pretty sure it uses up all four of the evers, in fact.

This is NOT the carrier. It is your phone.

First of all, no kidding? Group conversations will be sent as multimedia messages? Well, whooopie freaking do! I don't CARE. NOBODY cares. Seriously.

Secondly, how do I turn this stupid, redundant, superfluous, annoying, idiotic message OFF so I never have to see it again?

Thanks so much, Samsung.

0 Likes