Original topic:

How do you permanently delete contacts?

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 11:40 PM)
yoyo77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

How can I permanently delete contacts? I delete and they keep coming back even after backup or stopping syncing.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Contacts are easy to delete. On my non Samsung phone I used to click on the contact and several options came up one of wich was " delete". They wouldn't even come back no matter what. Syncing deleted it too. Have to do it from your phone's contact list but I'm sure you've tried that already? You got to delete them from Google too if you have Google and there in there. Strange.
yoyo77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've tried deleting them from my contacts list and Google. I've turned off syncing and they will still come back. 😞
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

I feel like there is some sort of backup/sync going on that you're not aware of...

one option is to submit an issue report when it happens again (best to recreate the issue if you can) through Samsung Members app. The phone is only have to hold about 30min worth of activity log, so if you wait too long after the issue occurs the techs won't be able to see what happened that caused the problem.

Hope this helps.