cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

How do you turn on read receipt feature on S20 FE 5G?

How do I set my phone to see when a text message I sent has been read on my S20 FE 5g?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: How do you turn on read receipt feature on S20 FE 5G?

go into Settings then Application Manager then choose MESSAGES app . from that screen hit the gear button at the top right. Click MORE SETTINGS then it should show Text and Multimedia settings if you click on the Text Messages one it should have a Delivery Report switch you can turn on

Highlighted
Constellation

thank you

Highlighted

Did it work??

Highlighted
Constellation

no...I went into my settings and this phone dosen't display the app manager... this phone i have is through AT&T... does that matter?

Highlighted

maybe be a bit different but shouldn't be much. Settings button , Apps Button Messages application then more system settings or Advanced system settings (they like to word them different sometimes) . could try searching for it with the search bar while you are in your settings menu. Samsung us notorious for sticking things in strange places then sorting it out later with new products

Highlighted

or try opening up your messages app like you were gonna send a message. then hit the 3 dot icon located on the screen then the more settings section in the list. that should get ya there also

Highlighted
Constellation

ok thank you... I'll keep trying

Highlighted
Constellation

I have an unlocked s20 fe, does that make a different. I'm only noticing options for read receipts on multimedia messages. But short messages its just showing delivered. On my s9 that I had traded in it would give me read messages for everything 

Highlighted
Astronaut

having this problem as well. unlocked version, can't seem to figure out.