Original topic:

How to access hidden apps without unhiding them?

(Topic created: 10-05-2022 01:09 AM)
MiracleRiver
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I dont use the hidden apps that often, but I hide them so they aren't on my home secreen (I have it set to only that). I noticed that if an app is hidden it essentially does not exist and you can't find it in the search bar. So how do you get to those apps without unhiding them?

Eta: I noticed this with my samsung s7+ tab as well.

3 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@MiracleRiver Hiding apps does more than just make them invisible. This website has a good description of what happens: 

Hiding apps will not prevent other people from unhiding and opening the apps up. However, it will disable software updates and prevent the apps from running in the background. You can enable software updates again by tapping "Enable" on the app's Play Store page or going to Settings –> Apps –> [App Name] and tapping "Turn on." The app will still be hidden but will continue to receive updates.

To lock your apps behind a password, use Samsung's Secure Folder instead. If you just want to hide apps from your home screen but want them to still appear in your app drawer and search, long-press each app icon on the home screen, then choose "Remove" or "Remove from Home."

0 Likes
MiracleRiver
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you, I only noticed this was happening recently because I have my school software hidden from home and for some reason I feel like it's new that completely hides it from the search bar.

I do want to ask for clarity there is no way to hide apps but still have access to them if your device is set up as home screen only?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@MiracleRiver Secure folder is the only way. 

0 Likes