JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to activate the cat Easter egg on Android 11?

(Topic created: 12-13-2020 10:50 PM)
userlDvOY8ylOt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Today I've got the final Android 11 update for my Galaxy S20. But how do I activate the cat easter egg? I've acivated it on the Android 11 weel, but there is no new option shown in the quick settings. And since Samsung didn't adapt the Google Menu, it would have to be accessable via quick settings.

12 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

Settings/About Phone/Android Version~ repeatedly tap on it until "N" appears then Swipe Down. hope that Helps

0 Likes
Sygmatious
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

same issue. I can't activate the Easter egg. idk what shadowgate is talking about with the n, but I get the volume button and get the cat emoji but no access to to the actual "game".

userqhXh88laYl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung has their own UI  (OneUI 3.0) that enables Bixby among other things. They have not modified to include the power menu that includes smart home controls.  Some say they might not enable it at all. https://9to5google.com/2020/09/15/android-11s-smart-home-controls-are-nowhere-to-be-found-in-samsung...

userYyqBhloz25
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Go to the playstore and download google home. I believe you can find the cat game in there

userqhXh88laYl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

It would be nice if that were true, but before I posted my answer above, I went into Google Home to look for it. I even tried adding a device and did not find it there. I don't think you can get to the cat game without the stock power button menu, which Samsung phones do not have.

userE0xX5cVLIO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So Samsung has the Virus scan program and when you activate the game through the easter egg, you can see it scan the new game and it shows a cat ! So their has to be a way to access it !

TopMarks15
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

You can access it via quick shortcut maker, kind of cheating thoughScreenshot_20210116-211944_QuickShortcutMaker.png

AdmiralSirJohn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Which process?  I tried them all, and nothing really happens.  There's a game on one, a paint program on another, and all the "neko" (cat) ones don't do anything.

userraFUXo97SG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

One of my techy friends was able to help me access this. It's a bit more work and there's possibly a better/easier way, but this was how I was able to activate the easter egg on my Samsung device. Hope it helps! 🙂

First, you'll need to download the "nova launcher" app. Hold down the app icon until you get the additional settings to pop up (as pictured above). Now click on the tiles icon next to the "x".First, you'll need to download the "nova launcher" app. Hold down the app icon until you get the additional settings to pop up (as pictured above). Now click on the tiles icon next to the "x".

Now you'll need to create an activity widget and add it to your home screen.Now you'll need to create an activity widget and add it to your home screen.

This screen should be the next thing you see. Click on the second one (.neko.NekoLockedActivity)This screen should be the next thing you see. Click on the second one (.neko.NekoLockedActivity)

Now click on the treat you wish to lay out and wait for the virtual kitties to show up!Now click on the treat you wish to lay out and wait for the virtual kitties to show up!

0 Likes