JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to add a screenshot button onto my home screen

(Topic created: 03-05-2022 06:15 PM)
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a niece living in another state that just updated her S20 FE to what I assume is Android 12 & One UI 4.0. She sent me a text saying that she used to have a Screenshot button on her home screen which is now gone. Does anyone know about this button and if it's still available in the new software? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
She could of had an accessibility shortcut(assistant menu) turned on. Screenshot_20220305-224410_Accessibility.jpg

View solution in context

9 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Not sure about a button (widget). Wouldn't pressing that button just take a screenshot of the homescreen? Anyway, just pressing Power and Volume down Button will take a screenshot.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
You can also use a palm swipe to take a screen shot. My phone is also a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. I don't ever remember having a screen shot button.
ForDezzy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
On my phone same make there is no button for screenshot you just cup hand like a C but with right hand C is backwards and swipe across screen from right to left. Hope this helps
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
She could of had an accessibility shortcut(assistant menu) turned on. Screenshot_20220305-224410_Accessibility.jpg

neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you, this looks like the most likely option.
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
My niece asked me to thank you, your solution was correct!
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Happy it worked out! Maybe you could mark my previous comment as a solution, so others could benefit too.

0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
I just marked it as the solution, thanks again. 😊
userPS4UmxkErC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a Samsung that had a floating screen capture button. Coolest thing. Samsung did an update and now it is gone. Can I get it back
0 Likes