JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change dialpad tone length

(Topic created: 06-30-2022 10:24 AM)
userbebbAsLNRC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

When you touch the keypads to dial a phone number or choose a number option in a prompt, the tone is quick as soon as you touch the keypad. How can you adjust the length of the tone where it lasts longer maybe for a length of 1 second?
I called my credit card company and I get an automated voice prompt to select 1 for English 2 for Spanish etc. and other choices like press 1 for one department or press 2 for a different department etc. 
It is not taking my selection because I touch a number but the automated voice prompt continues and it seems that it did not take my selection when I touched the keypad. 
How do I change the touchtone length?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately there is no way to change the Tone Delay in order to enter a Credit card number or choose a certain menu, most phone systems are set up that way, if you are experiencing difficulties with the companies phone menu system, after you connect try pressing 0 until you get connected to an operator

View solution in context

2 Replies
jimmyweda
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm not sure if the length has anything to do with it rather than the system on the other end itself. I say that because I recently had this happen with the XPO delivery company for my fridge. Never had this happen anyplace else.

Have you tried with other phones to see if they all have this issue?
0 Likes
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately there is no way to change the Tone Delay in order to enter a Credit card number or choose a certain menu, most phone systems are set up that way, if you are experiencing difficulties with the companies phone menu system, after you connect try pressing 0 until you get connected to an operator