JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to remove Chat Box from message app?

(Topic created: 07-23-2022 12:21 PM)
userzkXYIXUl8x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Chat Box showed up uninvited after the latest upgrade. How do I remove it? I have blocked the 8 default bots but I prefer to remove the app entirely.

This is likely the last straw to drop this brand for my phone.

Please help.

Thanks.

11 Replies
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Is it the chat box that keeps trying to get you to use the chart features? You can disable chat features in settings. You can also make the samsung messages app your default messaging app if you prefer that instead of Google
0 Likes
userzkXYIXUl8x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks @dpickett_18 but no it is not. In my Message app, at the bottom, the 3 items are Conversations, Contacts, and Chatbots. That last item showed up after the most recent update. I "blocked" all 8 default bots (Kroeger, Teleflora etc) but I want to remove the app given the wide ranging default permissions for the Message app that users cannot change.

I looked and cannot find a switch for this thing in App Settings ans System App Settings.

Anything else anyone can share will be great.

Thanks again

0 Likes
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Open your messaging app, settings, advanced messaging, and switch it off see if that helps
0 Likes
userzkXYIXUl8x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks again @dpickett_18 , I did that before posting here. On my deivce, in Messages, Settings, I have no Advanced Messages; I have Chat Settings and More Settings in addition to the Notifications etc. In both Chat and More settings, there aren't any options for Chatbots.

I'm on the phone with Tech Support & the representative does not know anything about this; she pointed me to all the steps to block the Chatbots that I have already done so. She does not know how to remove the app.

FORUM MODERATORS & SAMSUNG TEAM:
Force-install 3r party Data Collector apps in Messages where all Permissions are Allowed by default is a disservice to your customers and disgrace to the brand.

0 Likes
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
In chat settings you disabled chat features?
0 Likes
userzkXYIXUl8x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@dpickett_18 
In Chat Setting, there is nothing there to "Disable" Chatbot; I have Nickname in Chat, Auto download (off), Auto download while roaming (off), Share read status (off), and Share typing indications (off).

I think I must have the Dummy version.

0 Likes
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
I'd go ahead and hold down your messages app, press the "i" icon, force stop, storage, clear cache, clear data
0 Likes
userzkXYIXUl8x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@dpickett_18 
Thanks again. I've done that too. The Chatbot-item remains and all the default bots are still on the Chatbot app even though they all remain on the Blocked List.

I think the matter is as simple as it cannot be removed. Just like Bixby.

Sad.

0 Likes
dpickett_18
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Download Google messages from the play store and make it your default app.
0 Likes