Original topic:

I can't receive MMS/pictures

(Topic created on: 11/26/20 9:44 PM)
userNlqCXVUlCl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently got a new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, switching from a different kind of Android phone. 

One thing that I've been struggling with lately is MMS. I can send and get texts just fine. I can even send pictures and the other person gets it. However, when others send me MMS, I can't get it. What was really strange is that, the other day, in the same conversation, someone sent me an image and I got it, but, a couple messages later, they tried sending me a couple more images but instead of seeing the image, it said No subject. Message size: (the size) and an expiration date/time. It looked like I needed to download the message but it never loaded/wouldn't let me download it. It's really weird that also it supposedly expires?  This has happened a few times now and it's like I can't get pictures/MMS at all. What's up with that? What can I do to fix it? 

0 Likes
11 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Do like I do---cuss a lot!
Seriously, I had the same issue until I changed to a different messaging app.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Version 6.8.078, rc something dynamic, Google Messages. I also use S20+ unlocked with Verizon.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
My device: SM-G986U1, S20+ 5G, unlocked US version, Verizon.
0 Likes
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you tried contacting your service provider? If it's a problem with phone service, they may be able to help.
0 Likes
userNlqCXVUlCl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I haven't had chance yet to but that's the next thing I'm going to try! thanks

0 Likes
Members_ays6IBM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this happen to you only when connected to a certain wifi network? This is what happens to me often at home, and it seems to be related to some flaky ad-blocking/threat protection my router tries to do.  Disconnecting from my wifi lets me download the message.

(more detail: I have plume wifi and I think the randomized mac setting makes the default ad-blocking/threat protection enabled, even though I have it set to be turned off. I just realized this is probably why the plume app started acting odd in other ways at the time I got my S20FE so I have just turned randomized mac addresses off for my home network.)

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

what carrier do you use?

i think att has mms issue right now. 

0 Likes
DianeS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm Having the same trouble with my S10. I'm on sprint
0 Likes
tucson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same problem on Cellular, must be phone.
0 Likes