Original topic:

I don't get new notifications

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 07:46 PM)
elle639
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
When I first got my phone I use to get notifications on all of my apps now I only get weather reports. I can't tell when I get a new message or anything else of the kind until I open the app. I've already checked the notification settings and everything is enabled. Can someone help me?🙏
0 Likes
2 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Do you have your advanced notifications turned on? Sounds like that is dismissing notifications it has learned from the past that you don't think is important. It uses the Google assistant to do that. There are settings in notifications that can also be changed so you will get them. Go to your special access for apps and the notifications access menu and turn them all. Make sure the selection for read and suggest reply in your notifications setting is on so you'll get a prompt
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

there are quite a lot of settings that can cause silencing of notifications, such as disabling notifications from certain apps (somehow these just got disabled for all or a lot of your apps)... smart assistants turning off notifications because of a routine that was set up... etc. 

first i'd check these variety of settings (type 'notification' in the search bar at the top of apps page when you swipe up and it'll show all settings related to notifications, just so you don't have to go around digging every options) then check the routines (bixby and if you use google, then google as well... or even alexa...). 

lastly, if the settings look normal but still not getting notifications. Then submit an issue report to Samsung Members app and see if the techs there can help in anyway. 

0 Likes