Original topic:

I don't have the change front and rear camera resolution options in my camera app?

(Topic created on: 3/25/21 7:44 PM)
userhsAGT4lqLd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an issue where in my camera app I don't have the change front and rear camera resolution options. It's as if those options were removed from the list of settings. I talked with several samsung support representatives and one stated I should visit a samsung repair shop and another couldn't find out why this is so they asked me to post here about my problem. I assume this happened after a update to my phone but I haven't changed my cameras resolution in a month or two as of the day of posting this. In my video mode I can change the resolution from the top options when looking from the camera's view. I need to change the front  camera's resolution before April 20'th 2021. If anyone can help me find a solution to this problem I would much appreciate it. Thanks! 

15 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you entered the camera app settings and selected reset settings or cleared the app cache/data?
0 Likes
userhsAGT4lqLd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have done both. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
The resolution options for the front and rear cameras were removed apparently with 3.1.
0 Likes
userhsAGT4lqLd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi, sorry for the late reply but do you have any idea if this removal was intentional or unintentional and if they plan or are working on fixing it?
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
It had to have been intentional since you can still change the resolution for videos just not photos. I don't know if they plan on bringing it back or not. It's extremely frustrating that they would do this to the camera on a phone where they used the camera as a major selling point, then a few "updates" later they gimp the camera. I wonder if another camera app would work better?
0 Likes
userhsAGT4lqLd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I wonder as well. I would like to keep in touch with eachother so hopefully we can find a fix to this or even an app. Message me privately and we could talk though there if you want
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
After they messed up the stock gallery app I switched to Simple Gallery and I love it. There's so many more features. So I figured I'd try the Simple Camera app. Look at all of the resolutions you can select and this isn't even all of them. I couldn't fit them all on the screen. Unfortunately, it tops out at 4K so still no 8k and to use the 108MP for 12k you still have to use the stock app. Screenshot_20210521-195946_Camera.jpg
userhsAGT4lqLd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Wow thanks I'll try that right now!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userhsAGT4lqLd 

There used to be options like that but now you must select the screen ratio button near the top of the camera screen. 

0 Likes