JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I lost the option to customize the edge lighting in the display settings since the update

(Topic created: 12-15-2020 09:36 AM)
userx7OsXbayeP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Since the update I lost the option to customize the edge lighting in the display settings. Anyone else have this problem?

6 Replies
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

setting - notification - brief - brief pop-up setting

0 Likes
DDTNI26
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you so much this has been annoying me all day! Don't know why they changed the name, I liked Edge Lighting lol

0 Likes
Solution
XengenAlpha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

You can customize these settings. You just have to go to:

Notifications
>Brief pop-up settings
>Color by Keyword

Then, you can customize each edge lighting notification. However, you will need to custom color code each notification based on the title (aka who or what it's coming from, not the app).

Example:

If I receive a text from Sam. I don't custom color code Textra (my SMS App) to red for Sam. Instead, I match the name Sam from contacts with what color I want to identify notifications from him/her by.

Let's say Sam loves the color red, so I choose a type of red I want. So every time Sam texts me and his/her name from any application matches his/her name perfectly as Sam, my phone will glow with an edge light notification of the color red with the small edge light pop-up we all love up top.

Hope this helps, even though it may be a pain to custom color code each and every individual contact, youtube channel, etc. exactly as it's written even if you customize the name of it, they have to match otherwise it will default to the default color coding you set for edge lighting.

Note: Edge Lighting + app from Good lock which provides way more customization tools we lost, know and love won't work until Summer 2021 according to the Samsung Members Notice we got earlier last week.

If you have any questions let me know.

userx7OsXbayeP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you

XengenAlpha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

you're very welcome, I hope this helped you!

0 Likes
JOZZIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am using the Verizon message + app with a default edge color but have setup keywords and colors for specific contacts makeing sure I matched the name of the contact. When I get a notification I get no custom edge lighting other than the red app default if I turn. The edge lig8fkr the app off and a notification arrives the edge just stays black. Not sure what I am doing wrong, tried different keywords but no luck. Using Oneui 3.1
0 Likes