Original topic:

I'm not able to remove myself from a Group text

(Topic created: 03-04-2021 09:01 AM)
userNBB8EXGHhC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I feel trapped in a group text with no option to remove myself since I was not the creator. Its constant and ongoing for a couple months. I have blocked a few memebers of the group but unfortunately some are family. I have asked to be removed but the creator will not, so I still get them from those I have not blocked. Its to the point were Im ready to get a new device just to stop being involved in this text group.  Is there really no way to remove yourself from a text group? Then block the person you know was the creator?? If not there should be!! 

4 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

hello @userNBB8EXGHhC 

I understand your frustration as I'm stuck in my work group chat and some of them will just constantly send memes and stupid things in the chat that I'm not interested in. I've tried deleting the chat but as soon as someone posts in there, it comes right back and my phone would go off like fireworks! I'm not sure which messaging app you use, but I use Google Messages. So the only thing I was able to do was mute the chat. I went into the settings for just that conversation and adjusted the settings for it so the sound for it was silent, and toggled of the show as pop up, the vibrate setting and the app icon badge setting. Sorry the creator of your chat won't remove you.

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
What app are you using to chat? It may be time to be rude. Call the creator out publicly in the chat in front of everyone. Tell them you've asked to be removed but the creator has refused. You'd probably have more people on your side than not.
0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

can't you just delete the group chat conversation?

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

i think you can only silence the notification for them... 

0 Likes