cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

If I buy an unlocked S20 5G, will I be able to use it under Verizon's 4G network?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to continue using 4G as 5G hasn't really been implemented where I live. Can I use Verizon 4G on the S20 5G?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: If I buy an unlocked S20 5G, will I be able to use it under Verizon's 4G n..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It will automatically downgrade when coverage is spotty.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: If I buy an unlocked S20 5G, will I be able to use it under Verizon's 4G n..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes my 5g note has a setting where you can turn off the 5g network and just use the others

Highlighted
Astronaut

It should automatically switched between 4G and 5G. Not s...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It should automatically switched between 4G and 5G. Not sure if the S20 has that feature

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It will automatically downgrade when coverage is spotty.

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: If I buy an unlocked S20 5G, will I be able to use it under Verizon's 4G network?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userIJjJbg5IfO A phone that suport 5G needs to have 4G or LTE as a fallback to connect for calls because nto everywhere has 5G coverage. so Samsung S20 should have 2G,3G,4G & 5G!!

S20 base model can only support 5G low band or sub6Ghz no high band 5G mmW.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: If I buy an unlocked S20 5G, will I be able to use it under Verizon's 4G network?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I buy the base unlocked S20 5G at launch to use on Verizon, it will only support 5G low band/sub6 and not 5G mmW. If I want 5G mmW support, will have to buy Verizon's version of the S20 in Q2 sometime or will there be an update for the one I buy at release? I'm guessing I'll have to buy a new phone again?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@dmcmaste yes if you really need mmWave the S20+ and S20 Ultra have mmWave antennas, and if I am not mistaken, the base model S20 does not have the antennas for mmWave so means it can't be done via update.